Happy New Year!
I know. I know. I'm a day late. BUT! I have a perfectly good reason. I started planning this really cute banner a few days before New Year's Eve to make with my Cameo. Well I got the images all made up on the computer and was ready to start cutting.... well.... I couldn't find my cord to power the cameo.
So yesterday, I was at my school getting some things cleaned up. You know, getting a good start to the year and guess what I found. Yup. My cord. So I cut up the shapes and letters and got my banner all cut up! Isn't it purty?
So I figured I would write a post about my New Year's resolutions. Hopefully this post will make it feel like a "You really need to get your act together" deal and I will commit more.
Looking Back at 2015
Let me first make a little confession. I have awful memory. Like really bad. I am practically a few days away from being admitted to an old folks home on the count of me not being able to remember what happened 3 minutes ago. So saying that I remember every detail of 2015 would be a big fat fib.
I do know that I had some great times with my sweet family. We took trips to the beach and Pennsylvania.
My Mister and I even got to get away for a weekend and go to Las Vegas (A definite do over for this year).
We even made a trip out to Texas to see my grandmother and family. That was fantastic and I hope to do it again this year!
My two boys have grown so much and it's hard to believe that they are another year older and wiser.
My teaching went through a huge change in 2015 and I really started to develop my 'style' and methods of teaching.
So what does 2016 have in store for me? I'm not sure. I hope to make some changes for my family and I want to continue to evolve as an educator.
I found this cute printable on Pinterest and myself, the mister and my older son each filled one out on New Year's Eve. It was actually a little challenging to think of some things to fill in the space. Here is what I have....
MY ONE WORD IS: Joy
I love this word. Joy. Finding the Joy in life is so important for me. I get stressed and I worry so much and this year I am striving to find Joy in every aspect of my life. I hope to take life for what it is and really enjoy it without all the stress, worry and pain that creeps it's way into my heart and mind.
WHAT I REALLY WANT IN 2016 IS:
This one was probably the easiest to fill out compared to the others. I have a few things that I WANT.
1. I want to begin vlogging in 2016. I like the idea of being able to share some things that happen behind the scenes of my job and my life. Now, not every aspect of my life will be splashed onto the web because... well.... it's my life. I do like to share things and go back and remember special times and this is a great way to do it!
2. I want to find a place to call home. My husband and I are trying to find a place that is a perfect fit for our little family.
3. I want to be healthier. I think this is always a resolution for everyone. I've tried diets and regimens that are out on the internet but I don't really want that. I want to be happy and enjoy food but also be healthier and make better choices and be more active but not to the point of spending all my free time at the gym trying for the 'perfect' body. Nope. Been there. Tried that. Not for me.
WHAT I REALLY NEED IN 2016 IS:
This was by far the hardest to fill in.
1. I need to dedicate myself to building my blog and YouTube channel. Towards the end of 2015 I started to get a better idea of who I am as far as my name and brand on the internet. I was trying so hard to be like other big name teacher bloggers and it wasn't me. It isn't me. I am someone totally different. I needed to learn to accept that and I think that I have finally found who I am and what I want to work for. Now that I have that I can be honest and most importantly, I can be me.
WHAT I WILL SHARE IN 2016 IS:
1.My husband and I talk about giving more. This year I hope to do just that.
2. I want to spend more time helping parents that need the extra hand at school.
3. I want to be better at sending 'snail mail' and write more letters and send cards to family members. I mean who doesn't like to get those little letters in the mail. Ugh... I DO!!!! So long as it's not junk mail or a bill. Can I get an AMEN!
IN 2016 I WILL SUCCEED AT:
Managing my time. I am awful at getting things done and organizing what I am doing with my time. In the end, I am struggling to finish a post or get my kids' lunches ready for the next day. This year, organization is the key to helping me succeed in 2016.
I think that this was a great way for me to think through my future goals and resolutions. I'm ready for 2016!!!!
What are your resolutions? Are any of them different than mine?